Thursday, December 25, 2008

Casagrande Christmas

Merry Christmas from the Casagrande family. I never realized growing up how extended my family really is. The Casagrandes are my mom's mom's siblings and their kids. We grew up all together and never realized that we are closer with our 2nd cousins than some people are with their 1st cousins. And now Riley is going to be able to say that same statement about her 3rd cousins? Is that what the correct genealogy term?
Grammy and Aunt Ruthie

On Christmas morning we all went to my cousin Marci (Riley's Godmother) house. Now my mom's mom and Marci's mom's dad are brother and sister. Make sense how we are related? I never thought it was that complicated. :)
"GG look what Marci got me!! Do I look pretty?!?!"

Riley and my nephew David played all day. NON STOP! Riley did not nap nor get cranky for a nap the whole time we were there! They ran around laughing the whole time. They were so entertaining to watch. Well some of the guys found Elmo's Christmas more entertaining to watch... even when the kids were out of the room.

Lucky for us Alex and Chelsea were here and the kids LOVE them both so much!


Family is so important to us. I hope we are as successful with teaching Riley the importance of family as the generations before us were. Our whole extended family lives all within a half hour. We happily extending our family and developing new traditions. It is so unpredictable where we will all be in a few years but I do know we will always be together enjoying each others company as much as possible.



Riley is always ready to do... SOOOO BIG!!!
Poor Jay was trying to take a nap after lunch... Shireen is the only one who was truly successful at napping undisturbed.





This truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

We had a great Christmas will all of the family... just one more stop at GG and Grampy's house before the CRAZINESS of the Christmas excitement comes to an end. Riley LOVES Christmas!

David rocked Riley to sleep at the end of the evening... such a good cousin!

Did I mention... WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!

No comments: